Sunday, July 1, 2012

Maroc - le deuxieme fois

After flight delays and having serious doubts that jfk's terminal 1 managed to get my bag on the right plane, I finally got out of casa airport, with my bag, to find great weather in Casablanca.

We almost made it to casa voyageurs train station (the main station in casa, 40 min from the airport) to get on our train to fes, except we got off a stop too early. So there we had to wait an hour for the next voyageur-bound train. We laughed about it. But I admit that was a little annoying.

I totally overestimated the heat and was expecting far worse weather. it is so warm, without humidity- so in the shade, you feel cool. And at night it feels like a cool summers night. There don't seem to be as many tourists as the last time I was here, which is weird. Morocco feels a little empty.

The first day was a wash, as I was extremely tired, and by the time we eventually got to fes in the early evening, i only had enough energy to go out for dinner and called it a night.

The next day, I slept off my jet lag and after a delicious breakfast, decided to spend the most perfect day at a pool in a nearby riad. This riad, more like a palace, was absolutely gorgeous. It was several riads combined and one of the gardens was converted to a pool. It couldn't have been a better way to spend the day. I swam, sunbathed, and repeated that cycle.


By dinner time i was starving, so we set out to the ville nouvelle to go get pizza. now of course, with the euro cup final happening, every tv was turned on to this game, so we watched Spain win, and afterward, walked to the major grocery store acima, to get my favorite: pistachio yogurt. I may have all 8 before bed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment