Tuesday, August 14, 2012

my new life starts now.

i've just done the craziest thing i've ever done in my life: i quit my job and decided to take a year off to travel, visit family, and just figure out what my future is going to be. i've been bitten by the travel bug, and since my trips have become more adventurous, so has my spirit. and sitting at a desk at a job that doesn't seem to have a point anymore, wasn't cutting it for me.

i don't want to say that i was having a quarter-life crisis or a career-life crisis, but the truth is, i just turned 29, and there's nothing that put my life into perspective better than the prospect of turning 30 next year. i'm not at all afraid or sad to be turning 30, on the contrary, i look at 30 as the beginning of my real life. all good things will happen to me in my 30s: marriage, kids, family life, etc. i spent my 20s working hard- in college, grad school, work; and i had my fair share of play, but whatever i was doing, wasn't enough. so i figured, i have only one life, i'm still young and have zero attachments or responsibilities holding me back, so GO LIVE LIFE.

now, i'll be sharing my stories on this blog and my new one: http://nomadsab.blogspot.com. i'm afraid that that might get confusing, but i just felt that this blog has been all about my observations and adventures, and my whole year-long journey to figure out my future should be kept separate. What's going to happen is that later in the next few months, I'm going to pick a city to settle in for an extended period of time, and then this blog won't really be appropriate for day-to-day living, so... i'll post links to the blogs in my posts to keep things simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment