Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the last supper

what happened last night is total proof that my new theory is true.

after i finished blogging, i was feeling a bit disappointed about the way my last night was going to be spent. i avoided making plans with the pals i met here because i was waiting for my friend to arrive-- but i then later discovered she wasn't going to. feeling bummed, i finished blogging and planned to go for a nice dinner near my hotel. now remember, i HATE having dinner alone in a restaurant. but immediately next to the internet cafe was this seafood place that i had noticed was always packed with brits, so i figured it must be good and clean, i'll go there. i actually hesitated because i was having second thoughts about going back to my hotel instead. but then i told myself, "who cares!?" no one is going to give a damn and i deserve to go and have a good dinner, so i walked in. who had also just walked in from the opposite entrance? hokey dokey.

i squinted my eyes in disbelief and i must have gushed for the first half of our dinner about how crazy and weird it was to run into each other at this particular restaurant at the same time. i kept telling him how i'd just finished writing about how disappointed i was that i could have made plans with him, but the other ones that i held out for fell through. and he had said that he felt sad when he dropped me off after going to the school, that he'd never see me again. he said it was meant to be! and i couldn't agree more. i only went to that internet cafe because the first cafe i went to had a slowwww connection. this one was full, so i had to go for a walk and returned about 20 minutes later for the computer. then i spent 90 minutes blogging, left, walked into the restaurant, and bam, there he was!

and the fact that i had hesitated, but pushed myself to go, thanks to the "who cares!?" motto, proves my theory, which resulted in a wonderful surprise, and a fantastic meal with great company. i couldn't have been more pleased with the way this trip ended.

and the brits were right about going there. we had chilli prawns and i had this lobster masala that was out of control. we chatted with an english couple sitting next to us-- one was from hokey's hometown, and the other's son was living in nj. funny.



i basically stayed up all night since my taxi was picking me up at 4:30am to head to the airport. after everything, this trip ended perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment