Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Earth balance

Ok, everything in life is supposed to be balanced. There's good and there's bad, there are pros and cons, there are good days and there are bad days.

Well there was a catch to having all the luck I had yesterday. It meant today was going to suck.

I got to the airport at 9am for my 11am flight. It was delayed. Ok no problem, ill sit in the lounge, have breakfast, wifi, not a problem.

Noon comes, we board, we sit for 45 minutes. Lima is having problems and we won't leave until 4pm. Ok. We deboard and I very clearly let them know I was going back to the lounge, which for whatever reason was before security, so I'd be going back to the first floor. No problem, ill have free lunch and snacks, and In the meantime, what I thought would be an advantage to having wifi to chat with friends wasn't. Ending up getting into an argument with a close friend.

3:45 comes along, I go back upstairs to get ready to board, the plane left without me 10 minutes prior. With my bag. Next plane is 8am the next morning. Great. I have no clothes, no toothbrush, no place to stay.

I go back into Cuzco, have dinner, get ripped off. I go back to a cheap hostel, no more rooms. I go back to another, they don't have change for a 100 soles bill. Why this country has 100 soles bills is beyond me bc not a damn person can ever break them. I go to about 6 shops, finally one has change. She doesn't believe my bill is real. I go back to the hostel, I'm locked out.

I know it's just a bad day, and I know I had a fabulous day yesterday and I know Lima will be wonderful, but right now, I really just miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment