Thursday, October 4, 2012

Finally arrived in Peru

Getting here was a 24 hour journey, literally, so the anticipation of finally getting here was built up.

I had to connect in Atlanta and I chose my flights based on my dad's work schedule, since after all, he's the one taking me to the airport. So that meant long layovers. And then there were delays. On both flights. I arrived in Lima at 1:50am instead of 11:50pm, and then waited for my last flight to Arequipa at 5:30am. But you know, I always love to report my happy miracles when traveling, and somehow, I ended up with a first class seat on the 1.5 hour journey to Arequipa. And they served a meal, with actual silverware. And I was so damn tired, and all I wanted was to get to the hotel and sleep, and my bag was the first off the plane. Talk about a great way to end my looooong journey!

Arequipa is surrounded by this beautiful landscape of mountains. The town is extremely clean and quiet for rush hour. The people, very polite and I can already tell that unlike in my recent destinations, people aren't going to be harassing me for a dollar. Even when I checked in at 7:30am, she didn't even complain or blink.

I've made it to all the continents today. Now let me get some rest and go discover this one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment