Monday, April 16, 2012

Fes - wahed

My first night in fes was light. After finally being restored of my senses of smell and taste, I headed out for a brief tour through the medina and a meal, where I had one of my all time favorite meals: tajine of lamb with prunes and almonds. Yummy. I sampled some Moroccan sweets that were attracting crowds of people, and brought some back to share with the people at the hotel.





Back at the riad, I met a Canadian girl, 2 American girls, and a Filipino guy. Canadian girl and I devised a plan to take a day trip out to Meknes to see Volubilis (the roman ruins) and Moulay Idriss (a village perched on a mountain) with a mausoleum honoring the decendant of the Prophet Mohammed who fled Mecca and settled there. American girls were heading to chefchaouen, and couldn't join us. But everyone hung out and swapped ideas for some time.

I went out looking for the public hamam I was almost willing to try, but the lack of storage available for my belongings led me back to my riad for an early night's sleep.

So far, I'm already having a great vibe from the city of fes. The city my ex is from; the city in which he currently lives. It's a strange feeling to be in his city- he's the one who really introduced me to Moroccan culture and now here I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment