Saturday, April 21, 2012

setti fatima


setti fatima is just about an hour south of marrakech, in the valley of the atlas mountains. berber villages are sandwiched between the peaks and it is just a beautiful place, known for its treks and waterfalls. it serves as an escape from the heat of marrakech in the summer. i took a grand taxi for 25 dh each way and enjoyed the day!! my brother would be really proud of me today for mountain climbing, especially in my slippery chucks, wahoo! at one point i totally didnt have any grip trying to climb up a 10' rock, and i just slid the entire way down, got a bruise for that one. i was totally out of my comfort zone, but i kept telling myself that if the other people are doing it, i can too!! most of the moroccans were climbing in flats or flip flops, i was going to manage. at one point, i sat down to take some pictures and catch my breath, and what did i do? i sat on a cactus!! ouuuuchhhhhh!! i was picking pricks out of my ass for like 15 minutes! how's that for comfort zone??? exhausted and sunburned from too much sun and 3 hours of hiking; i am taking it super easy on my last night. ouarzazete is tomorrow and i just booked my flight to go back to fes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment