Saturday, April 21, 2012

Les jardins majorelle

I mentioned before that Yves Saint Laurent is what/who inspired me to come to morocco. After seeing l'amour fou and learning the story of YSL's love for Marrakech, I just HAD to see les jardins majorelle.

i felt a little pressure to look presentable since it is YSL after all, so i put on a dress that is now too big to be flattering or cute. i tried. i hope he understands...

Getting there was a little less than exciting. I decided to take the bus and the asshole driver charged me the highest rate and failed to mention that it was like 2 stops from the djemma. So when I caught on 20 min later, in the middle of nowhere, he just shrugged his shoulders and smirked. Argh! I wanted to punch the man!! I had to take a taxi just to get to the jardins; that's how far i was.



Then when I got there, I didn't have enough cash to get in, so I had to trek back out to find a bank. At this point, imagine that my blood is boiling, because I was ready to kill someone. I found a grocery store and I wanted to see if they had sunscreen. Instead, I ended up buying a ton of les marseillais (French creams). Found an ATM, didn't buy sunscreen, and finallllly got to the jardins. It is much smaller than I imagined but beautiful none the less. The electric blue and neon yellow are so beautiful. The Berber museum inside was even worth the 25 dh and I hate museums. YSL's ashes were scattered there and his memorial will be kept there as well. It was a really beautiful place, so isolated from the rest of kech's insanity. But while taking photos, guess what, i ran out of memory, it just wasn't my morning. Thank god for the iphone, i took the rest of my pics there. but you know what, thanks to my journey to the bank/grocery store, i knew exactly where i could go to buy a new memory card. So all's well that ends well!

!

No comments:

Post a Comment