Saturday, April 21, 2012

More Marrakech

After the jardins, I took some more strolls through the souks and I've really had it with the shopping. I just won't shop in Marrakech, it's not worth it. I know im being ripped off and I am sick and damn tired of being hassled. Fucking leave me alone. Why does everyone act like they never saw a woman before!?!?! Im not that beautiful and I'm still pretty conservative, it's not like I'm prancing around in booty shorts or something. Cut the shit.

i even met 2 american guys at my hotel who are so annoyed with it, they went out tonight in full length garb-- the jelaba and they took it a step further and wore turbans. too funny. I spent a half hour in a carpet shop trying so hard to find something and even THEN the guy kept trying to ask me to go to dinner with him. I said, if my boyfriend found out, he would kill me. And he STILL kept insisting!!

Finally, at night I stayed in the djemma and enjoyed the tete, or the head, of lamb as well as the tanjia which Marrakech is known for. Tanjia is meat that's cooked in a covered ceramic pot-- get this, in a hamam. The heat from the hamam slowly cooks the meat to amazingness. Talk about energy efficient!

What was more fun than eating (although it was super delicious) was watching the Swiss man next to me play magic tricks. He drew in crowds from every corner of the djemma. I saw a girl selling sweets so I bought a box from her, and she was so impressed with me traveling alone, that she asked me to have lunch with her tomorrow and gave me her number. So sweet. Pun intended.

Some guy with dreads as long as my brother's was joking with his friends and asked me if he could have a cookie. So I stopped and gave him one. I don't know why I did, I usually just ignore any guy that talks to me, but with this one, I stopped. And he was so taken aback, he wouldn't stop talking to me and asked me to go to a cafe nearby. Maybe if he had his teeth, I would have been willing. But god knows why a guy my age is already missing his teeth. Need I spell it out??

My whole body is super achy. I need to be ok with not moving every hour of the day. It is ok to stay in or chillax. I'm on the go non stop for fear of missing something.

After chatting with my mom and my friend who is my virtual companion here, I decided that I will return to fes. I'm going to ouarzazate as planned, and I'll fly back to casa and then train back to fes. I can spend my last days in my favorite city, maybe shop, if I have the appetite for it, and see the boys. Then I can just take the early trains from fes to casa airport and I won't have to go back to that awful city!!

No comments:

Post a Comment